Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Antique rare Favorite fishing reel (lot)
- Paire commandes 3x10 v course compatible shimano black 305360055 MICROSHIFT vélo
- CHEJI Thermal Winter Cycling Jersey Pants Set Womens Fleece Cycling Clothing Kit
- SHIMANO SL-RS700 FLAT BAR SHIFTER LEFT HAND ONLY NEW FREE UK P&P
- Pearl Izumi 2016 Elite Thermal Cycling Arm Warmers - Screaming Yellow - Large
- Endura MT500 shoes covers Size XXL
- Victron Energy Regolatore di carica SmartSolar MPPT 150V 35A
- Sitka Jetstream Vest Open Country Small - U.S. Free Shipping
- ATN ACMPPVSXWM01 Weapons Mount (PVS14 6015)
- FLY FISHING FOLK ART FISH MOUNT SIGN REEL FLIES RIVER CREEL CABIN TROUT DECOR
- Bern Allston Molde Cremallera BICICLETA Boa Casco Mate Pichón S-M L-XL XXL-XXXL
- Shimano CERAMIC Super Tune bearings METANIUM DC HG, DC XG (15) - DC (16)
- Scientific Anglers Ivory Supreme WF7 Floating Fly Fishing Line
- Pulse Oximeter FDA & CE Approved, APULZ Finger Blood Oxygen Saturation...
- Cube Tour Cycling Shorts, bluee, BNWT
- Giro Republic LX Road shoes (Size 45)
- Specialized Body Geometry Women's Brown Leather MTB Tahoe Size 9 A11
- Clinch Gear Performance Shorts - Youth - MMA
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with