New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- BRAND NEW Oust Bearings Mood wheels 72mm longboard wheels 1 set of 4 wheels
- Imiquimode Topical Treatment keratoses, carcinoma genital warts 3 Sachets USA
- UA youth team clutch reversible jersey
- NIKE VAPOR UNTOUCHABLE PRO Size 15 orange
- Anon M2 Snow Goggle - Smoke; Sonar Smoke
- Jordan Retro 6 White Varsity Size 10.5
- S2 Hybrid Easton USSSA Bat 20 oz. 30 2 5 8 (SL175210)
- Maillot de foot vintage Manchester United N°9 BERBATOV 2010-2011
- Moonlite Marine 0115-1 Big Hatch Holder with cable
- Adidas X 18.3 FG J Kids bluee Yellow
- Adidas X 17.3 Fg J Niños
- LOT OF 2- Storm Reacta Foam Bowling Ball Cleaner 8 oz. Bottle
- HUFFY MEN'S TYRANT 3.0 26 MOUNTAIN BIKE
- VINTAGE HARDY EXALTA LHW FIXED SPOOL SPINNING REEL + SPARE SPOOL EXCELLENT
- 50mm Carbon Road Wheels Clincher DT Swiss 350 Carbon Wheelset 700C Ultra Light
- Bike tires lot Mountain bike & few Road over 100 tires
- Xx1 Cranks 32T (GXP-175) 11 Speed Rear derailleur & Shifter NEW
- PowerTap P1 Dual Power Meter Pedals
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with